Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Viral didn't go this time

A small review for the book 'Viral' by Leonard Sweet.

I understand that we live in the technology age, but that doesn't mean that technology has the final word. I also get that Mr. Sweet is not saying that, exactly, but Viral left me feeling that technology has all the advantage and no disadvantage in sparking a revolution of the soul. Although good can go viral, so can the chase for viral make you go off the radar of humanity. Community, flesh and blood interaction. Mr. Sweet is obviously incredibly smart, and I have found many of his books to be of much help, but I feel like this one leans too far to the side of the savvy, modern wins the race. The medium is still the message, so we ought to pay close attention to how we care for and engage the medium, so as not to offer a trendy but thin message.

I look forward to Mr. sweet's next offering, as I know it'll be better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment